Up to $4,000 per year is available to any qualifying K-12 school enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60. The competitive, nationwide funding program can help your school jumpstart and sustain healthy nutrition and physical activity improvements.
Whether you’re just starting out with Fuel Up to Play 60 or looking to expand and extend an initiative that’s already in motion, Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 can help.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINE: 6/1/2012
Schools applying for Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 must:
- Be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 for the 2011-12 school year (if your school is not enrolled, enroll here)
- Have a Program Advisor signed up at your school. You may start the application before a Program Advisor is designated but in order to submit your application, your school must have a Program Advisor signed up.
- Participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Complete and submit an online Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 application form (download a PDF of the application form here) California Applicants - Please Read
- Complete the School Wellness Investigation (schools may work on the funding application before completing the School Wellness Investigation, but before the funding application may be submitted, the School Wellness Investigation must be completed and submitted online)
- Have support and involvement from the school principal, school nutrition professional, lead physical education teacher and the school’s Fuel Up to Play 60 Program Advisor
Remember: Your school must be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 for the 2011-2012 school year to be eligible to apply for Funds. Enroll today.
There are three funding application deadlines during the 2012-13 school year:
- June 1, 2012 (If approved for funding, the money will be distributed after June 30, 2012, and will count toward the school’s funding for the 2012-13 school year.)
- October 1, 2012
- January 15, 2013
Schools may submit an application during more than one funding cycle per school year. The total amount of money awarded for the 2012-13 school year (June/October/December 2011 and February 2012 deadlines) can be up to $4,000. The request for funds in the June 1, 2013, application deadline can be up to $4,000 and will count toward the school’s funding for the 2013-14 school year.
The sooner you apply, the sooner your school can be considered for funding to support your Fuel Up to Play 60 program!