Our Healthy Kids, Healthy Families (HKHF) grant program was created to improve the health and wellness of children through community investments by BCBSNM. The HKHF program began in 2011 as a 3-year initiative, but is now a signature program of our company. It is part of our ongoing commitment to invest in and partner with nonprofit organizations that offer sustainable, measurable programs to reach children and their families. The programs focus on nutrition, physical activity, disease prevention and management, and supporting safe environments.
Who Can Apply
BCBSNM partners with organizations that share our mission. We accept requests for grants and sponsorships from organizations that are in New Mexico and have at least one of the following designations:
- Charitable organizations as defined under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code, government agencies, or civic/cultural organizations
- Public school systems that promote educational opportunities
Exclusions – What Is Not Funded
BCBSNM is unable to offer funding for:
- Organizations or projects that discriminate against individuals based on race, gender, religion, or sexual preference
- Endowments or established trusts
- Sponsorship of unrelated charitable programs
- Sponsorship of youth athletics and related activities
- Deficit funding
How to Apply
There are three types of funding requests:
- Grant funding is for program-focused initiatives or for general operating support. Grants provide support to programs and organizations that align with BCBSNM’s mission to promote health and wellness in the communities we serve. Only 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to apply. The deadline to submit a grant request is 4 p.m. MT on November 12, 2014. Please review the following information to apply online for a grant.
- Sponsorship funding is primarily for supporting a fundraiser or event to a charity or noncharitable community, civic, or educational organization that also provides visibility for BCBSNM in the communities we serve. Such fundraising events include galas, benefits, golf tournaments, conferences, and various community events. Requests should be received at least 60 days prior to the start date or event date. Sponsorships do not require 501(c)(3) status. The deadline to submit a sponsorship request is 4 p.m. MT on November 12, 2014. Please review the following information to apply online for a sponsorship.
- Healthy Kids, Healthy Families (HKHF) funding is available for nonprofit organizations that have measurable, sustainable programs that target children and their families through nutrition education, physical activity, disease prevention and management, and supporting safe environments. The 2014 grant application cycle is June 10 through September 10, 2014, for 2015 program funding. Please submit applications by 4 p.m. MT on September 10, 2014, to be considered for funding in the 2014 grant cycle for programs starting in 2015. Please review the following information to apply for a HKHF grant.