The Los Angeles Rams front office staff and players will converge upon Woodworth Elementary School to build a playground as part of the team’s annual community improvement project. The elementary school was selected to receive the playground after an open application process that allowed submissions from local schools, non-profits and communities in need. In addition to building the playground, the Rams will power wash the school and paint two murals. All equipment for the playground was provided by Playcraft Systems and Pacific Play Systems, the designer of the playground, will also be on hand to supervise the installation.
The Rams’ community improvement project is the cornerstone volunteer effort of the team’s “Staff Days of Service” program. Each month, the Rams close the office and spend time volunteering in the community. Since the program’s inception in 2009, the Rams’ staff has provided more than 11,000 hours of community service to local non-profits through the Staff Days of Service program.
RAMS COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT THROUGH THE YEARS:
- 2015 – Football Field Refurbishment for the Boys & Girls Club of Greater St. Louis – Herbert Hoover Club
- 2014 – Playground Build for Marygrove, a center dedicated to helping children impacted by abuse
- 2013 – Playground Build for Washington Elementary School, a grade school in the Normandy School district
- 2012 – Playground Build for Fairmont City Library Center
- 2011 – Playground Build for Giant Steps, a special education school for children on the autism spectrum
- 2010 – Playground Build for Monroe eMints Academy, a St. Louis Public School
- 2009 – Playground Build for a community park in East St. Louis
About Playcraft Systems
For over 25 years, Playcraft Systems™ has strived to produce the finest playground equipment in the industry. Our focus has always been on quality, innovation and value and it shows. For more information, visit www.playcraftsystems.com.