The two-day Playground Maintenance Technician Program (PMT) focuses on practical playground maintenance practices, inspection principles and best practices in making repairs. This program does not focus on play theory or memorizing standards. Course modules explore the maintenance challenges associated with the common materials found in playgrounds, including concrete, metal, wood, plastics, fasteners and various surfacing materials. Through videos and case studies, participants learn about the types of playground inspections, how to repair damaged equipment and associated legal considerations. A virtual playground offers participants the opportunity to apply newly learned skills.
- Learn by doing! Hands on learning which combines discussion and virtual environments to understand playground maintenance tasks
- Learn about materials! Learn how to maintain playground equipment made of metal, plastic, wood and concrete
- Learn about safety! Understand how to take damaged equipment out of service safely, keep proper records, and identify potential legal issues related to playground maintenance
- Learn about surfaces! Learn how best to maintain unitary and loose-fill surfaces as well as fasteners and connectors
- Resources to take back to your office! Receive a 250-page textbook, workbook, and upon completion, a Playground Maintenance Technician Certificate
- Cost Effective! Train front-line maintenance staff at an affordable price
- Ensure your equipment lasts through its useful life! Improve playground user safety and prolong the useful life of equipmentUpcoming Playground Maintenance Technician Programs.
Upcoming Playground Maintenance Technician Programs:
Florida School Plant Management Association Conference, Orlando FL, September 12-13, 2016
City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department, Memorial Park Garden Center, El Paso TX, October 5-6, 2016
Oregon Recreation & Park Association, Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District Garden Home Recreation Center, Portland, OR, October 13-14, 2016
Washington State Risk Management Pool and Sitelines Park and Playground Products, Inc., Puget Sound Educational Service District, Renton WA, November 8-9, 2016
Park District Risk Management Agency, Bolingbrook Park District, Bolingbrook IL, December 7-8, 2016
For more information or to Host a course please visit playgroundmaintenace.org