Are your kids missing out on spending time with their friends? Although social distancing is necessary to keep everyone safe during the pandemic, children still need to play and talk with their friends and peers. Fortunately, technology has made it possible for virtual interactions.
Netflix made it possible to stream a show or movie across multiple screens all at once! Even though your children may not be able to watch a movie with a friend in person, they can view the same film simultaneously from the comfort of their home. Here’s how to throw an amazing Netflix watch party for kids.
How to Use the Netflix Party Feature
The Netflix Party feature is now Teleparty, but it works the same way. Teleparty is free to download as well. Here’s how you can use it:
- Install the Teleparty extension. You can just search it in your search engine.
- Then, you’ll want to pin the extension to your address bar for easy access.
- You can stream from any streaming site, but for a Netflix party, you’ll open Netflix and choose the movie or show you want to watch.
- To create the party, click on the red “NP” button that should be near your address bar. Start the party and share the URL with your kid’s friends.
- If someone else starts the party, you should receive a link to it through email, text or another form of messaging. Click on the link, which takes you to Netflix. Then, click on the “NP” to join the party.
Once you know how to use Teleparty, you can get the party started!
Vote on the Perfect Movie
With parental supervision, allow the kids to submit a movie of their choice. Using a video or phone call, your children can debate and vote on the movie to watch. It will be an excellent way for them to learn to compromise on something.
If all else fails, you and the other parents can decide on a movie for the kids, especially if they’re younger.
Gather Their Favorite Snacks
What’s a party without snacks? Gather your child’s favorite snacks to munch on throughout the party. Whether it’s popcorn and candy or a bowl of fruit, your child will have fun being able to eat and enjoy a show.
For an extra special snack, as long as everyone takes safety precautions, you and the other parents can make up snack bags to drop off at each house so the kids have various snacks.
Set Up a Home Movie Theater
Kick the party up a notch by turning your home into a movie theater. You can do this in a few different ways if you have a projector. One way is by projecting the screen onto a blank white wall. If you don’t have a large enough wall space, you could hang up a white sheet.
For those of you who want to take the party outside, you could project the movie onto your garage, depending on the type of garage door you have.
Watch Your Kids Enjoy the Experience
Once everything is set up, your child can choose a fun avatar, and you can hit play! Your child has the opportunity to message their friends through the Teleparty app to talk about the movie while it’s playing.
Kids need to have social interactions, and this is a safe and fun way to do so despite there being a pandemic. Plus, you can host weekly parties if you want, especially if the kids choose a series.
Add new comment